STAYING AT HOME - EASIER SAID THAN DONE . . .
Updated: Nov 4, 2020
We are 27 days into self-quarantine, and I gotta say, this is tough! Doable, but quite challenging. Flatten the curve . . . social distancing? Hey, I'm totally on-board because I want us all to get back to our lives sooner than later.
The thing is, I'm a social guy by nature, which I guess is why I chose a profession that insists that I see people all day long. But, you know what? I really miss you guys!! Cristina does too...
We hope you're weathering this "Time out" as best you can. Hope you're being as careful as possible with potentially infectious contact, but wondering whether it's taking a toll? Cabin fever? Stiff joints? Bored? Miss the collegial rhythm of your life?
Let's discuss what we can do. Better yet, let's talk about what you all have done to pass this time. We have some potential options, but we also want to put it out to all of you to contribute to the fray.
Write in via firstname.lastname@example.org, and let us know some of the fun or funny things that you've discovered since you've been staying home.
Are you sleeping better? Worse? Why?
Are you enjoying the freedom this time off has availed you of?
What sort of projects have you engaged in these past few weeks?
Share some good ideas that maybe some of us who are struggling haven't thought of, and can benefit from. I'll start . . .
. . .What I'm Doing
1. I'm practicing Qi Gong (Internal Martial Arts) and developing a Qi Gong class that I should have ready for when we're up and running (sorry NY-ers, this will be in NJ only). This will stretch and strengthen the immune system, further protecting us from future viral attacks.
2. I've digitized my entire CD collection. Don't laugh - yes, I still own CDs. Well, not for long. They're getting dumped. Anyone want some of them? (Yeah, I didn't think so.)
3. At Cristina's urging, I've cleared out about 200 old magazines that I had stored in both the basement and the attic. See a pattern here?
4. Oh . . . and I'm tending to the lawn, digging out old tree-roots, and planting bulbs, and a vegetable garden!
What's Cristina doing?
1. When she's not hogging the dog's bed, or busy applying for small business grants / loans and deferring utility payments - she's gotten back into long-distance running . . . up in the hills. Her father is Tarahumara (Native American) from the US / Mexico border region, whose people are Ultra-marathoners - literally born to run. So, she just puts her shoes on and starts running. Very little need to train. Doesn't matter if she hasn't run for 6 months. She can just do it, and with very little effort. I think it's in the DNA. Bet you didn't know that about her, did ya! 2. She's also binging on Amazon Prime and Netflix - it's currently Downton Abbey, but Ozark is on-deck, followed by Money Heist (we're up to Season 4). I'm down for the last two, but not much interested in period pieces like "Downton," but Cristina loves it! 3. To balance out that Ultra-activity, she comes home and bakes homemade Sourdough bread (San Francisco style). She's also made delicious milk-chocolate candy bars with nuts and even some vanilla ice cream - homemade of course. I've . . . um, had a few bites.
So, c'mon. Spill . . . send us a story or two. Share with everyone how you've been navigating COVID-19's "Springtime sabbatical" via email:
STAY I N T O U C H: email@example.com
Phil Veneziano, M.S., L.Ac.
Cristina R. de La Mar, M.S., L.Ac., Doula
Seven Point Wellness is an Acupuncture & Chinese Medicine Clinic, located at 187 Millburn Ave., Suite #101 in Millburn, NJ, in the Trader Joe / CVS Business Complex.
We are an easy drive from Maplewood, South Orange, Short Hills, Livingston and most cities in Union, Morris and Essex County, NJ. We are also an easy walk from the New Jersey Transit via bus or train.
#acupuncture #chinesemedicine #orthopedics #nutrition #pregnancy #doulanj #womenshealth #menshealth #holisticnutrition #healthyeating #holistichealth #pregnancy #preparingforlabor #chinesemedicinenutrition #midwivesofnj #laboranddelivery #midwife #midwifery #pregnancy #preparingforlabor #chinesemedicinenutrition #laboranddelivery #midwife #midwifery #thefertilitytribe #fertilitysupport #cuppingtherapy #cupping #orthopedics #menshealth #chathamsummitmoms #millburnathletics #athletes #triathletes #fitness #maplewoodnj #southorangenj #mentalhealthnj #emotionalwellnessnj #meditationnj #yoga #massage #covid_19 #stretchingexercises #chinesecupping #chinesecuppingtherapy #millburnshorthills